Monday, July 7, 2014

A Tote for my Sister-in-law

Last year I made an offer to my two sisters and sister-in-law that if they picked out the fabric, which I would purchase, I would make them a bag of their choice.  My sister-in-law was the only one to jump on this offer.  She picked out the butterfly fabric from the Cocoon line to match a coin purse she already had and loved.  I had several patterns for her to choose from and she picked the Super tote from Noodlehead because it had a zipper closure. There are so many wonderful Super totes on Noodlehead's flikr and I love looking at the variety of fabric choices people decide on. The bag has one big pocket on the outside.  Because my sister-in-law chose a solid fabric, I was trying to think of ways to dress it up on the side without the pocket.  My first thought was to applique some butterflies on it.  I was  crunched for time, so I decided to put another pocket on other side of the bag. The Super Tote has two big pockets.  This may be a terrible decision, I have no idea.  I figured a gal cannot have too many pockets.

She said this olive green from the Cross roads is her favorite color.  It is denim material.

Pocket #1

The pockets look the same on the outside, the lining is different.




I'm not sure if the I did good picking out fabric for the lining?   I do love the vibrant orange/red from the Cocoon line. And I also love my Bernina that never ceases to amaze me in its ability to plow through the thick double seams.  Yeah!!!

No comments: