Monday, February 7, 2011

A study in discipline

Where does the creative impetus come from?  How does it work that the creative force can work through inertia?  I'm not sure of the answer but it is fun to think about.  I have this desire to do a creative project with the outline of my girlfriend's hands.  She is a massage therapist and besides being a beautiful woman, I find her therapist's hands especially lovely, full of healing and sensitivity.  I want to make a picture quilt 12 x 12 inches finished with borders and binding.  The only problem is I feel at a loss at how I should go about making something worthy of the healing power coming through her hands. So this will be my new project.  The uncertainty of the steps makes me want to procrastinate, but another part of me wants and needs to work this through.  Well wish me luck.

No comments: