My "hands quilt" is coming along at a snail's pace. I'm o.k. with that. I thought I would try to put a Don Linn design on my quilt by hand embroidery. I'm glad most of the design won't stand out but will fade into the background.
I didn't embroider the whole design because yo-yo's are going in the center of it.
One section, the very beginning is needing to be redone. I pulled too hard and the quilt buckled.
I was all over the spectrum with evenness of stitches and I used all the thread because when I tried to separate them the embroidery string came apart. Near the end I did get better with my stitches. I think using an embroidery hoop helped with that. It is relaxing.
The likeness of my girlfriend's hands want to get fused onto the quilt, but it's not time yet. One good thing is I was able to get my borders on. Whew! Next I have to figure out how to finish the arm part of the hands.
This is taking so long and I have so many sewing projects I want to do. I always want to post one picture of my twins.
My twins, Audrey & Jamie and a few other people enjoying the sunset on the last few remaining really hot days.
Have a great day.