Sunday, December 30, 2012

Zippered Pouches

I have been having fun making these zippered pouches.  It has been a learning process with a few mistakes made.  It is a free online class from Craftsy here.  It is taught by Kristin Link from Sew Mama Sew.



The green one was the first one I made.  The one to the right of it I accidentally cut off the pull tab when trimming and was a good thing I did because it would have been sewed on incorrectly like what happened with the baseball one.  The tab is in the inside, dang.  On the bottom right one I put the pull tab right by the zipper.  Some people may think it doesn't look as nice, but it feels better ergonomically when pulling the zipper open.  I still have to make another one for my nephew so I think I will try putting in two zipper tabs, one on each end of the zipper.





I used up this fabric and put it in the inside for lining.

I think you could make these any size.  One would just have to add 1 inch in measuring fabric to whatever size zipper they are using.  Taking into consideration outside fabric and lining fabric measurements have to be the same.

One thing I do that helps is when trimming up, I lay the three fabrics (back lining, the front with zipper and the back) and trim up everything at once.  I still need to practice sewing in the zipper, but the pouch
comes out good even with imperfections.

Craftsy is so addicting with all the fun classes and talented teachers!

No comments: