Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bunny Gets Company

My Bunny gets the company of Claire, a Tilda doll - pattern by Tone Finnanger.  I love all her patterns and books.  I've really wanted to make one of her Tilda dolls for a long time. I can finally check that off my list and it feels satisfying to have accomplished this. I hope I will make more in the future.  I was listening to the audibook Dragonfly in Amber while making her so that is why she is named Claire. The doll pattern is a combination of two different Tilda dolls from two different books.  I chose to paint her hair, but if I ever make another I would try the yarn method. I enjoyed painting on fabric.  It made me feel like an artist. I am really tempted to paint some gold or light pink shoes on her.   My family keeps saying "she has no face" which makes me feel a little dismayed. Gotta love a critic!  Nothing like family members to keep it real..


I used Robert Kaufman for the solid fabrics.  Love!



 I love all her miniature animals.  I'm wanting to make the deer just to see what having sticks for antlers will turn out like.  It is hard to see but I was trying to show on the bunny's ears the difference of a ladder stitch and a regular stitch.  The ladder stitch on the left looks so much neater. I'm thankful for the ladder stitch! 

No comments: