Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm Learning to Draw Faces

I think back in March I saw on Facebook that The Quilt Show was letting people watch past episodes for free.  It was a good marketing tactic because I was hooked and decided to become a star member.  I love the amazing guests and think Alex and Ricky are great hosts.  They have many classroom techniques available to star members and I decided to learn how to draw faces on fabric with Lauren Vlcek.  Her dolls are amazing.

I'm having challenges making my eyes symmetric, but I plan on practicing some more.


These drawings are with training wheels meaning I copied the outline and used them to practice coloring them in.  Lauren suggested to do this first, then it's all free hand, which is a little intimidating for me, for example I free handed the neck on the face on the right.  I think she is a body builder with the thick neck that I gave her (ha, ha).   I'm having a blast!  This will become a mini quilt.

The weekend is almost over.  Boo Hoo!  Hope you have a great week!

No comments: