Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pillowcase Fun

I recently saw a saying "Dream Big" and wanted to make a pillowcase with this saying on it. There are a lot of great tutorials on making a seamless pillowcase on the internet and probably on your favorite blog. The one I'm partial to because I am so visual is Jenny's Tutorial on You Tube.
I tried out a decorative stitch to applique the letters on and I'm not sure it was the best choice. I'm not picky since it is for me. I'm not sure who that is in the picture below. Meaning, where did I get the patience to sew with a child on my lap? I don't know where the patience came from, but I like this person, I want to get to know her better. Also to post a picture of me without my make-up or contacts on, looking and feeling like a ragamuffin is something new too (weekend freedom, love it!). Can old dogs learn new tricks? Maybe not, but they can learn to relax and go with the flow...yeah!
I sew in the basement, but when I'm in the zone, it is always sunny and bright!
I think I was feeling calm because the girl's birthday party is over and all went well. The girls were excited to open presents after waiting patiently all day. They got baby quilts from Grandma which I'm going to post pictures after I take pictures of them during the day.
This cake was the hardest cake ever to cut into. My babies turned four on Saturday February 4th!
Have a great week and don't forget to Dream Big!

No comments: