Saturday, March 3, 2012

My First Amigurumi

I first saw this Amineko cat while standing in line at JoAnn fabrics.  He was on a book by Nekoyama called Hello My Name is Amineko... I wanted to try to my hand at an Amigurumi and thought this might be an easy pattern to follow.  After crocheting him I would have to say easy is relative.  Single crochet is easy, but using a D size hook and 3 ply yarn made for some of the pieces to be small to crochet around.  He is small, but not too small. Mine is probably huge compared to some I've seen on flickr that are the size of a double A battery!  Here is a free pattern from raverly

Tom the cat sitting on Connectagons









Such fun to pose him with his friends.


I won't bore you with all I would do different next time around.  Let's just say he is a little lopsided, but aren't we all!

I also just bought the Flower People pattern on Etsy.  I can't wait!

No comments: