Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fun with Fleece

I thought I would try my hand at some Polar fleece hats.  I dug through my stash and used up scraps I had from making other projects.

I am a little hurried when taking pictures with my girls in it.  So as much as I would like to do over the pictures, I just go with what I got.

Polar fleece is fun and there are so many fleece tutorial projects on You Tube I couldn't help be inspired and gained confidence to experiment.  My flower was inspired by this You Tube tutorial here. It didn't surprise me when mine didn't turn out like the one in the video.  I don't have a die cutter and it doesn't matter, I still had fun. 

Front view,  my Jamie.

Fleece flower with button on top to make it more girly.

Side view.

I realized after I finished the hat that I had used the wrong side of the fabric, Arrrrrgggggggh.
Question... would you have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out?

I was happy to know if I use a ZigZag stitch around the rim with cotton thread (what I had on hand), the hat will stretch and the stitches will not snap apart.  I'm loving the zigzag stitch! 

Did you know you can make an outline of your kids hands and make some fun fleece mittens guaranteed to fit?  Go here.  I plan on trying the pattern soon. Also, check out Alisa Burke's blog, here.  Love it!! Totally inspiring...all of it..cooking, drawing and of course sewing!!! Lucky me to have discovered her blog!

A picture drawn by Audrey.  Maybe she is dreaming of a tropical vacation.


Have a nice week!


No comments: