Friday, October 12, 2012

Trick or Treat Bags

I was wanting to try out these cute bags from Suzanne's blog, Just Another Hang up, here. (I love Suzanne's blog. It is everything I aspire my blog to be. After I visit her blog I am left feeling so grateful for people like her, so talented and so generous with her free tutorials and inspirations!)

I had to wait for my sewing machine to come out of the repair shop. It needed a tune up.  I have to say these were so easy to whip up and am so happy she posted these when she did.

I thought I could take quick pictures but my pictures turned out terrible.


To be honest, I didn't stick with the measurements Suzanne had. Last year, the girls had to end their trick or treat fun because their little bucket filled too fast. I was going to cut out the 11 x 11 measurements but wound up making one 12 x 14 inches and the other 15.5 x 12.5 inches. The picture below shows how the larger measurements look on a child 4.5 years of age. I figure they will grow into them. I gave them the choice of fabric and an appliqued detail, if they wanted.  Audrey was happy with the just the fabric on her bag and Jamie chose a dinosaur and ghost.  I found a panel at Saveurs for a few dollars.  My favorite picture no one chose, which was a blue Haunted House.  I will post a picture of it later.


Note to self.  Trying to take pics during your lunch hour is not doing your blog a favor, but is what is real in your life, so get over it.  People who read this blog are forgiving.

Have a great weekend!




No comments: