Sunday, January 15, 2012

Craftsy Block of the Month January

I decided to join the Craftsy BOM hosted by the lovely and talented Amy Gibson from Stitchery Dickory Dock.  Two blocks this month and I have completed one of them, the Asterix Block.  Amy makes it look so easy not even pinning, but I have to say I sweated every step and slashing was nerve racking.  I am hoping to learn some tips and tricks and I love the visual - so much better than You Tube! And it is Free!


I am going to read some of the questions on Craftsy.  I bet someone else has asked why the white part gets so wrinkled-looking.  I wonder if I am suppose to press without steam?

My Wonky Pound sign.  I'm not happy with it.  See the seam ripper there.  I think I'm going to try one more time.  Not looking forward to ripping on a bias, yikes!





My second wonky pound sign.  Seams are matching better, but looks wonky!

Thought it might be fun to have part of the constitution on it but with 1-1/12 inch strips it didn't turn out as nice as I thought it might in my imagination.  But I can choose which wonky block I want to use later.  I've decided to do a cowboy theme,  I think The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog is making me appreciate that kind of life.  This fabric because it matches the cowboy fabric coming up sometime in the year.



I came home to my girls just plum pooped out.  Making a huge mess can be tiring, I guess.  It is tiring for me just looking at it.  Oh well, I want them to have fun because that is how they learn.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I really like both your blocks, I don't think you should un-sew the wonky pound sign, they're perfect just as they are! When I made my "quilt sticks" quilt a few months ago, I didn't even try to match seams, I liked the freeness that the unmatched lines gave the blocks.

Your girls looked so tuckered out... if you asked about the mess they'd probably say "what mess??"

Unknown said...

I thought I'd check in on a fellow Craftsy BOM-er. Your blocks look great Sue and I agree with Eat Sleep Quilt, both pound signs are lovely.

I don't know how good I'll be at waiting for each month's quilt blocks. Oh well. I guess I'll learn patience eh?