Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hooded Scarf Completed

I finished the hooded scarf over the long holiday weekend.  I did not realize as I was crocheting it that it was a skill level intermediate.  I think by the time one is an intermediate it must go without saying that one must adjust to desired length.  I'm not sure what happened, but the hooded scarf barely fit my 3 year-old daughter.  It was also suppose to have a nice round silhouette on the back of the head but I put that on the wrong end (by neck and not top) and the back of the head turned out rather pointy.  I added a shell border around the face and made a pom pom to accentuate the pointy back.  I do look forward to making one for myself, now that I know what needs to be added, mainly many more rows of crocheting.



It was a nice sunny day so I asked my lovely daughters to model my new hobby (crochet) hats.  This was during my lunch hour and my camera overexposed, but my girls sure do make my hats look so cute. And my hats make them look like little old ladies, hehe.













My girls were having fun and I think they liked the sun on their face.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments: