Monday, December 12, 2011

Fun Times in Duluth, Minnesota

My husband's parents decided to treat all their kids and extended family to a few nights in Duluth, MN. as a Christmas present this year. We went for some holiday festivities that were in town such as the Bentleyville light tour, Polar Express and our hotel the Edgewater had a water park.

There was a beautiful almost full moon this last weekend, but what we really needed was snow.  Last December we had a record breaking amount of snow, this year the snow we did get has pretty much melted.

The first tour we enjoyed was Bentleyville Tour of Lights.  Free with hot chocolate, cookies, popcorn and roasted marshmallows.

My daughter, Jamie and her cousin, Christy.








The girls loved seeing Rudolph and a penguin.



And Mrs. Claus too.

Later that evening in the hotel room was opening presents while playing the dice game where if you get doubles you can trade gifts.  I scored on some nice pair of black gloves that look real warm.  I put in two of my snowflakes and they were a big hit too.


The next day was some fun times at the hotel's water park.




My husband's parents, so young at heart with their grandchild, my daughter, Audrey.


Yes that is me going down the water maze.  Fun, fun, fun!


I made it!

Later that night was a train ride on the Polar Express to the Depot where they have antique trains.


The conductor will take your ticket.


 At the Depot where they have some beautifully restored trains.  The story of The Polar Express was read to the kids.



And guess who was there at the Depot?  Yes, Santa!





Time to get back on the Polar Express, the fun evening is drawing to a close.  My husband's sister and brother-in-law.


Good times with good food.

The day we checked out of our hotel, we went to the pier and watched a big 1,000 foot long coal-bearing ship leave the port.



I leave with this Holiday message.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments: